Sunday 1 May 2011

It's nice up North

Yes, in the words of John Shuttleworth it is 'nice up North'
I am setting off for a trip to my Homeland on Thursday to attend the Progressions Exhibition Opening. Here is a pic of one of the pieces that will be shown.
" Gathering"
 I will post the others once I return.
Can't wait as this is the longest stretch I have spent away from Shetland and I am feeling it. I am hoping to get a whole load of visual fodder when I am up there. May have left it too late, but I want to have a new body of small prints (linocuts, wood engravings and screenprints) with a Shetland theme in time for the Tall Ships which will be happening up there in late July. There will be a lot of tourists and potential to get some Natty Maid work sold and taken afar. So I best get a move on.

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Cracking detail and you can see how much time has gone into it. Can't wait to see the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you Kindly Miss D N!
    Really looking forward to going up.
    Was thinking....how do you go about putting my stuff on fabric? :D

    ReplyDelete