Tuesday 27 September 2011

Busy Busy Busy!

Well that has been a full on couple of weeks! I started painting two portraits several weeks ago.
The only problem with this is that time melts away, and before you know it 4 hours have passed. This is something which has taken some getting used to as with printmaking you instantly feel you are being prolific. I am pleased with how the paintings are turning out, but having not painted very much, I have SO much to learn....especially knowing when to take a break and when to STOP!

 
'Sugar & Spice' and 'Slugs &Snails' Work in Progress

I have been getting restless and felt that I needed to get printing too, so I  made some new bags to take to the Boutique Chique event run by  http://www.craftersandmakers.co.uk  This was a lovely day in Newport on Tay. Full of friendly and talented makers. I very much look forward to meeting them again!
The bags are now on Folksy along with cards and notebooks. The Pigeon and Heart bags have proved popular and have now sold out so I will need to print some more. If you have a chance, drop into my shop for a wee shufty!






1 comment:

  1. The paintings are both looking v good ... and finished! Glad to hear the bags are going well too. At this rate you'll be retiring soon!!

    ReplyDelete